Complex diagnostics of honeybee diseases
Recently almost in all countries all over the world a sharp reduction in the number of honey bees was reported. This phenomenon was called colony collapse disorder (CCD) and is characterized by complete extinction of adult bees in infected colonies. The main cause of CCD is the spreading of various infectious diseases of bees. There are a great number of diseases (caused by bacteria, fungi, viruses) that can negatively impact productivity and survival rates of honey bees. CCD is mostly attributed to bacterial (American and European foulbrood) and virus infections (sacbrood virus, acute and chronic bee paralysis virus etc.). “BEETEST” – the first immunochromatographic test for simultaneous diagnostic of four the most pathogenic honeybee diseases without special laboratory instruments!
Compared to existing technologies for detecting virus and bacterial bee diseases, this kit of immunochromatographic quick tests has a number of competitive advantages:
- High specificity, sensitivity and effectiveness;
- Simple preparation and application. Quick tests are easy to use, portable and do not require any additional equipment, reagents and special skills.
- Cost-efficiency — minimum expenses on purchase of tests, and saving time during tests.
- Uniqueness. The kit helps to simultaneously identify agents of the most common bee infectious diseases in one test.
- Four diseases in one test: acute bee paralysis, sacbrood virus, American and European foulbrood.